International Tax Manager - Research/Strategy/Planning
MIAMI, FL 33126
This is a newly created position with a prominent international corporation that is based in Miami. This position will drive the corporate international tax research and planning function. This role will interact regularly with Corporate Accounting, Finance, Legal and Executive Operational Management, as well as business teams regarding strategic impact of international tax planning issues.
This company is open to hiring a strong Senior International Tax Accountant or someone already at the Manager level.
• Primary responsibility for performing international tax technical research for team and preparing appropriate memorandums or other documentation for issues researched.
• Provide tax technical direction, advisory services and coordination in developing and implementing international tax strategies.
• Participate in the international tax planning initiatives to determine the impact of new initiatives on Operating Strategies.
• Work with Corporate and Finance business partners to develop plans that harmonize tax planning with long-term business plans.
• Develop appropriate positions and strategies, and (when necessary) engage in negotiations necessary to achieve resolution.
• Coordinate international tax strategies with outside Counsel, Tax and Accounting advisors.
• Provide technical support and coordinate with VP on US tax reporting for foreign subsidiaries, including review of Form 5471s and 1118, maintaining e&p and tax pools, analyzing US inclusion amounts and local tax compliance issues. Provide high level review, identify, research and analyze new issues related to compliance area.
• Provide technical support for quarterly and year end tax provision calculation relating to international operations for SEC and local statutory financials through high level review.
• Knowledge of Federal income taxation as it relates to international (cross-border) transactions
• Good knowledge of International taxation in Central America & South America preferred
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and financial analysis skills required to convey the tax impacts of complex technical issues to non-tax stakeholders
• Excellent research and project management skills
• The ability to integrate strategic business objectives with overall tax strategies
• CPA or JD required
• Public accounting experience required