The Buyer will be responsible to provide all aspects regarding purchasing department. The Buyer will work cooperatively with members in sales, logistics, warehouse and accounting, manufacturers and inbound / outbound freight shippers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for filling material requisitions, recording purchases and accounting for all purchases via an inventory control policy.
- Responsible for building relations with vendors and securing a reliable and consistent flow of necessary supplies and materials.
- Analyze, evaluate and approve quotations for standard and non-standard procurements through RFQ process.
- Follow ups of pending quotes to ensure on time delivery to sales.
- Look for several vendors that provides same product to assure lowest cost possible.
- Sets up and maintains a bid file of requests for quotations.
- Negotiate prices, delivery, product quality, and payment terms with vendors and place the purchase orders.
- Request discounts, free shipping, and/or better payment terms at the time of placing orders.
- Reviews purchase order placement for accuracy and optimum delivery and pricing. (Confirm purchase order)
- Communicates with vendors in writing and orally to follow-up pending quotations and/or open orders.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Proactively identify issues and maintain ongoing supplier performance data for periodic internal/external review along with initiating corrective actions as needed.
- Support troubleshooting process/system issues that impact other day to day activity.
- Generate reports as required.
- Request credit applications from new suppliers/vendors in order to open a line of credit.
- Advise warehouse of new inventory orders.
- Resolve any upcoming claim (shortage or other) and invoices discrepancies.
Skills and Specifications
- Bi-lingual Spanish/English required
- Experience required: 2 – 3 Years combined education/experience as substitute
Preferred Experience: 3 Years
- Field-of-Expertise: Supply Chain Industry.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Negotiation skills to deal with different kind of vendors.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Solutions oriented problem solving a must.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Efficiency / organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize work and be flexible to multiple interruptions.
- Ability to work under pressure and to receive instruction and direction from Manager
- Ability to work in a team.
Education and Qualifications
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent combined experience.
- Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel (Intermediate), SAP Business One.