Accounts Payable Specialist
1 N. Clematis Street West Palm Beach, FL 33401
Reporting to the Accounts Payable Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for receiving, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices according to department policies and deadlines. This includes processing and monitoring a high volume of payments and expenditures (approx. 50 – 70 invoices per day). The Accounts Payable Specialist will ensure that the needs of the company are consistently met. This includes completing all Accounts Payable functions timely and accurately.
DETAILED ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform all aspects of the Accounts Payable function by matching purchase orders to invoices and entering the invoices into SAP; identify errors or discrepancies and resolve before processing
- Reconcile monthly statements and related transactions to vendor accounts
- Research and resolve any outstanding balances on vendor accounts
- Follow-up internally and externally on invoices and credits
- Communicate with vendors by telephone, mail or email, resolving a variety of routine inquiries concerning account status, and communicating resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons
- Communicate with internal customers for invoice approvals, PO price and quantity discrepancies, goods receipts, proof of delivery BOL’ s, service entry receipts, etc.
- Assist Operations and Financial Accounting with month-end accruals.
- 1 – 3 years of experience in an accounts payable role.
- Experience with an integrated Procure-to-Pay ERP module; SAP strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’ s or Associate’ s degree in accounting, finance or a related field required
- A/P Trade Certification (CAAP, CAPA, etc.) preferred.