Executive Vice President of Property Management
South Florida, Florida 33133
The selected candidate will be joining a results-oriented team of dynamic visionaries who think outside the box to come up with extraordinary results. This is a tremendous " build from the ground up" opportunity for a loyal team player.
Hired candidate will have a minimum 15-20 years property management experience, proven leadership skills, a high level of energy and excitement, a successful sales background, a history of working well both independently and as a team.
LIHTC (Low-Income Housing Tax Credit) experience and superior professional references from employers within the industry. Candidate must perform well under pressure, maintain a positive attitude at all times, have the ability to create and have fun while accomplishing the goals of the team, have the desire and ability to motivate self and a team of professionals and grow them into leaders, have strong oral and written communication skills, and have years of experience in providing exceptional customer service.
The Executive Vice President of Property Management position is a senior salaried position that requires investment of time and effort beyond a traditional work week.
Person must have a positive attitude with a great ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment. You should be able too identify needs and propose solutions to successfully complete projects on time.
- Bachelors Degree required
- 15-20 years experience in property management with an emphasis on multi-family residential communities
- Must have experience with a portfolio of at least 4, 000 units
- Must possess excellent organizational abilities and team management skills
- Significant experience working with property management staff and tenants
- Knowledge and experience of development process
- Experience with public-private partnerships
- Knowledge of compliance issues
- Knowledge of marketing
- Experience with tax credit multi-family housing
- Proven success and passion for building and sustaining strong relationships with team members, partners, consultants, community stakeholders, and governmental authorities
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written
- Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint experience desirable
- Extremely organized and time efficient
- Outstanding customer service skills and leadership
- Conduct effective and efficient informational meetings
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ethical and highest of integrity
- Ability to teach and train team members
- Strong work ethic
- High energy and enthusiastic
- Multi-task oriented
- Ability to receive and provide constructive criticism
- Manages and processes organization change
- Ability to timely identify and implement process improvements