Jet Engine Maintenance Manager
10300 NW 19th Street 104 Miami, Florida 33172
This position ensures all maintenance is performed correctly per applicable standards and regulations. Assists in maintaining facility in compliance with company and OSHA regulations.
- Supervises mechanics in overall maintenance operation, including performing preventative maintenance, repair, modifications and other maintenance of aircraft engine, components and related equipment in compliance with 14 CFR, manufactures specifications, the company policy and procedures as well as other methods accepted by the FAA and OSHA.
- Plans and prioritizes work, which includes prioritizing, directing, laying out and coordinating activities so as to minimize delays, increase production and efficiency and to assure timely delivery or aircraft engine.
- Determines job standards, test personnel productivity, safety habits and workmanship
- Understands, communicates and enforces company policies and procedures. Recommends changes to eliminate conflicts and/or enhance operational effectiveness.
- Reviews and approves material requests. Ensures adherence to material handling and control procedures. Coordinates with Materials team to ensure required materials arrive as needed
- Conducts shift meetings, briefings and participates in management meetings. Adheres to established work schedule
- Ensures the maintenance area is maintained in a clean and orderly condition.
- Provides timely and accurate information on aircraft engine status. Communicates accurately to Production Control the status of aircraft engine serviceability and readiness.
- Trains and assists mechanics in proper procedures, methods and practices to be followed in each respective duty. Continuously evaluates the effectiveness of the OJT program.
- Guides the mechanics in the handling and operation of shop equipment, ground equipment, vehicles, fuel dispensing equipment and tools too assure equipment is used safely and kept in serviceable condition.
- Ensures all departmental internal company forms, maintenance records documents, work orders, manual revision compliance is completed accurately. Monitors and updates timekeeping on a timely basis.
- Recommends changes to processes to improve efficiencies and reduce costs
- Provides technical leadership to team and department members. Leads through example: monitors, influences and trains others. Provides input to supervisor on supervisor on performance reviews and helps to identify development needs. Provides performance feedback, counseling and takes corrective action as necessary. May conduct performance review for assigned mechanics.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- High school diploma or equivalent with an FAA Airframe (not required but would be nice) and PowerPlant License (required).
- Preferred 4 years of A&P mechanic experience on similar aircraft engines. Previous managerial experience a must.
- Must be able to pass federal background check
- Must be able to communicate in an effective, calm and professional manner at all times
- Process general computer and administrative skills
- Coaching and mentoring skills is a must
- Lean or Six Sigma experience or certifications are required
- Look for process improvements