Boca Raton, FL
The Accounting Director is responsible for managing the day-to-day accounting operations, monthly close, preparing financial statements, managing financial audits, and ensuring compliance with internal controls, financial standards, and regulations.
- Responsible for managing the monthly close process, P&L and Balance Sheet analysis
- Prepare variance analysis at month-end. Identify variances and investigate.
- Monitors account reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Implement Company policies and procedures
- Responsible for Technical Accounting and implementing new pronouncements. Provide technical accounting guidance to staff members, management and business partners throughout the company.
- Serve as the principal liaison to external auditors for mid-year and year-end audits.
- Manage the G/L accounting team
- Review journal entries & monitor company’ s reconciliations prepared by staff and ensure that deadline are met.
- Improve or implement business processes, internal controls deficiencies and accounting procedures.
- Responsible for ad hoc projects.
- Assist with annual budget process
- Bachelors’ degree with major in Accounting required
- 9+ years of accounting experience, public accounting and industry experience mix strongly preferred.
- CPA required
- ERP experience is required
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Management experience and demonstrated ability to motivate and develop the team.
- Strong work ethic and demonstrated ability to independently prioritize workload based on organizational needs/demands. Operates with a sense of urgency, as appropriate.
- Creative problem solver capable of balancing trade-offs and maintains a vision for continuous improvement.