Accounts Receivable Specialist
3200 NW 77th Court Miami, FL 33122
This is a skilled level clerical position in Accounts Receivable. This position is responsible for collecting, processing and recording payments for orders, confirming delivery instructions with the customer, maintaining the delivery schedule and forwarding information to the warehouse for order delivery. This position is also responsible for handling and reconciling the petty cash and working as a liaison for Account Receivable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Receives payments via cash, checks or credit cards and applies to open orders or customer accounts following established policies and procedures.
- Confirms with the salesperson and customer that information on the order is correct.
- Ensures that merchandise is not released for shipment until all payment terms and conditions have been confirmed.
- Contacts the customer the day prior to delivery date to confirm delivery schedule; inquires about special instructions. Ensures that all necessary notes and special instructions are included for the warehouse.
- Releases orders and prints pick tickets for the warehouse with all appropriate instructions and information.
- Maintains log of orders scheduled for delivery. Prepares shipping manifest utilizing a shipment tracking software (i.e., Elite Extra Track).
- Prints open invoices daily for pending balances and mails to customers.
- Counts and updates cash register on a daily basis. Enters all disbursements in petty cash booklet with their respective receipts.
- Sends Storage Fee Letter with copy of the invoice via certified mail to customers and enters note on their account.
- Runs the Backorder Report twice each week and reviews the details of each items that are not completely filled and advises salesperson.
- Cancels orders as instructed by salesperson. Confirms whether a deposit has been made. Advises warehouse of cancelled orders so that material can be moved back to inventory. Re-opens orders cancelled as requested.
- Processes credit card refund requests according to established policies and procedures.
- Serves as a liaison for Accounts Receivable such as calling past due accounts, customers with orders incurring storage fees, or customers with paid order over 30 days pending to be shipped.
- Serves as backup for the Receptionist in their absence for Saturday rotation, or as needed.
- Performs other duties, tasks and special projects as required, assigned or directed with or without accommodations.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Receives moderate supervision and follows detailed departmental guidelines and procedures.
- Determines delivery schedule with interaction from warehouse. Resolves or handles routine inquiries and requests. Makes suggestions regarding improving customer service activities and/or streamlining processes. Refers non-routine and difficult customers to the supervisory level for resolution.
- Internal contacts are made throughout the organization. External contacts are made with customers and vendors.
- Generally utilizes a credit card machine and cash register. Typically operates standard office equipment such as telephone, fax, calculator and photocopier
- Working conditions are generally good with little discomfort due to noise, heat and dust. May encounter irate customers and/or visitors. May be required to lift or carry objects weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Extended hours may be required to meet deadlines, handle unusual workloads or to accomplish organizational priorities. Saturday hours are required on a rotating basis.
- Work routines frequently require prolonged periods of sitting in one location which may be restricted to the employee’ s workstation.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- One to three years basic accounting, clerical, or customer service experience preferred. Prior cash handling or credit card payment processing required.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with customers, visitors, vendors and co-workers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to project a courteous and patient image over the telephone and in person. Bilingual skills (English and Spanish) are helpful to communicate with customers, vendors and co-workers.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to handle multiple priorities, adjust to sudden changes in workflow, and meet demanding deadlines. Must be detailed oriented.
- Knowledge of basic office equipment with ability to utilize a personal computer with word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
- Must be able to work Saturday hours on a rotating basis.