Assistant Corporate Controller
A prominent Miami corporation is actively seeking an Assistant Corporate Controller that will report directly to the VP Controller. This role requires a CPA. This position will supervise the core accounting groups in the company (G/L, A/P, A/R, Payroll & Procurement), will provide internal controls enhancements for those areas and will seek out process improvement solutions for those areas. This position comes with full benefits and is bonus eligible.
- Manager core group in corporate accounting.
- Direct the preparation of management company financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets and reports to operational leadership.
- Manage, hire, and evaluate performance of direct reports and provide feedback for growth opportunities.
- Provide process improvements for existing systems and procedures.
- Enhancements to internal controls and systems, interacting with Internal Audit and external auditors for control testing.
- Assist the controller with Compliance projects.
- Works on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
- 9+ years of experience, CPA required
- Public accounting experience preferred.
- Strong Excel user.
- Previous management experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.