Commercial Litigation Legal Assistant
West Palm Beach, FL
Triumph Staffing seeks an experienced Commercial Litigation Legal Assistant for a position in Downtown West Palm Beach.
- Schedules/calendars appointments such as depositions, document productions, client meetings, trials court hearings and appearances; coordinate travel arrangements as necessary.
- Drafting and typing various types of documents, including correspondence, pleadings, memoranda and other such documents specific to the litigation practice area.
- Proofreading and redlining work for accuracy, format, grammar, and punctuation.
- Prepare e-filings and court pleadings in federal and local courts. Must know court rules, procedures and calendaring requirements.
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail.
- Perform secretarial functions associated with firm administrative tasks, including processing new client/matter requests, client bills, time reports and expense reports.
- Inputs timekeepers time; reviews for accuracy and corrects errors.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Must have at least 5 years of recent Commercial Litigation experience as a Legal Assistant.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to perform clerical tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through completion.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, handle multiple tasks, and respond to changing priorities.
The hiring firm offers competitive compensation as well as benefits package.