Controller - Commercial Real Estate
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Prominent Commercial Real Estate firm is hiring a Controller. This position is a key management-level role which includes controller-level accounting supervision, and related responsibilities, coordinating all internal financial reporting and budgeting/forecasting work.
• Responsible for the internal consolidation and reporting on a portfolio of properties.
• Review monthly GAAP financial statements including classification of costs during the construction process, development fees, common cost allocations, fixed assets and estimated costs to complete when a project is delivered.
• Supervise, mentor and train accounting staff.
• Review monthly project cost summaries for development properties and variance reporting for operating properties.
• Assist in the preparation of annual development and operating budgets.
• Transaction lead for a portfolio of development/operating properties (acquisitions, dispositions, loan closings). Accounting for property acquisitions and dispositions, including review of related documents and approval of journal entries. Track critical post-closing items.
• Bachelor’ s Degree in Accounting and CPA
• 3+ years of Management experience
• 6+ years of Commercial Real Estate
• Strong organizational, planning and analytical skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Desire to learn and accept new challenges
• Strong Excel skills