Lead Federal Tax Analyst
Atlanta, GA 30328
As a key part of the corporate tax team, the Lead Federal Tax Analyst is responsible for supervising and supporting the preparation and review of the tax provision, partnership and federal corporate tax returns. Assists in the development of tax structures related to acquisition & development efforts. Also supports the corporate accounting group’ s monthly close and financial statement preparation process when required.
A CPA is strongly preferred because this position is expected to soon elevate into a Manager role.
- Coordinates tax provision by reviewing, preparing, and consolidating provision schedules
- Prepares tax schedules for and assist in the preparation of corporate and partnership tax returns
- Clarify accounting and tax issues, then communicate with stakeholders
- Participates in the development of tax strategies by researching federal, state, and industry specific taxation issues
- Identifies profitability of potential mergers and acquisitions by modeling and analyzing of tax information and related impacts
- Assists with year-end audit preparation, including preparing lead schedules, and compiling supporting documentation
- BA in Accounting
- Experience in corporate federal tax
- Three to five years of public accounting or corporate accounting experience with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (strong knowledge of Excel)