Lead Operational Auditor - Special Projects
The Lead Auditor is responsible for independently conducting complex process reviews, audits and consulting projects to support the success of the Company by assisting in identifying areas of improvement and/or best practices that improve internal control, process and/or create greater efficiencies with respect to operations and financial reporting.
This position involves 25% travel, mostly to Europe.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
- Leads the entire process of performing end to end operational and financial an audits/projects including planning, fieldwork, reporting, and follow-up phases
- Leads selected complex audits / projects demonstrating solid project management skills
- Perform first level, detail review of work papers
- Evaluates and recommends process effectiveness related to policies and procedures prescribed by the Company
- Perform computer assisted audit techniques and data analysis to evaluate controls, operational efficiencies, fraud or non-compliance with laws, regulations and Company policies.
- Proactively identifies process efficiencies to drive change in alignment with company objectives
- Prepares draft reports on project results for executive review
- Evaluates risk, driving to root cause and determines related impact to Company
- Makes practical recommendations for process improvements
- Proactively works with external auditors to reduce level of effort and duplication
- Documents work product according to professional standards and departmental policy
- Maintain internal audit objectivity in all assignments while developing and maintaining effective and value-added business partnerships
- Bachelor' s degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 4 years work experience with at least 2 years auditing experience in external or internal audit with a global public accounting firm or large company Internal Audit experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated leadership skills and behaviors
- Active pursuit of related professional certifications (e.g., CPA, CIA, etc.) preferred
- Knowledge of and experience applying audit principles, practices, and procedures preferred
- Ability to document, analyze and make recommendations for improvements to company processes and controls
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills