Outside Sales Representative
Miami, FL 33122
This is a skilled level sales position in the Sales Area. This position is responsible for providing customer service and performing complex sales activities for high profile customers, architects and designers, in person and over the telephone to ensure that our products are specified in future projects and promotes our large collection of materials and products; sets up visits and presentations for architects, designers and builders at offsite locations or at our facilities. This position is also responsible for meeting sales goals and objects assigned by the Regional Sales Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Assists high profile customers, architects and designers, in person or over the telephone, in a professional and respectful manner to ensure that our products are specified in future projects and promotes our large collection of materials and products. Collects information to record visits in the CRM. Analyzes the needs of architects, designers, etc. on possible material choices suitable for future projects.
- Sets up visits and presentation for architects, designers and builders at offsite locations or at our facilities.
- Meets sales goals and objectives assigned by the Regional Sales Manager.
- Attracts new customers through lead generation.
- Enters orders and processes paperwork following established procedures. Reviews orders at least two (2) days prior to scheduled delivery. Inspects the material prior to delivery to be sure it is in good condition. Ensures that any paperwork or communication issues are resolved to avoid shipment delays.
- Communicates with the Warehouse Operations Manager or Warehouse Supervisor, verbally and in writing, as needed, for picture requests, sample requests and for display of material for customer selection or inspection following established procedures.
- Receives and answers telephone calls and emails by the end of the business day, even if only to explain that they will follow up the next day. Sends sales orders and photographs to customers as requested.
- Listens to and resolves customer complaints regarding service, products or personnel. Notifies Regional Sales Manager and/or executive management immediately of complaints received regardless of urgency.
- Follows established sales procedures and pricing policies.
- Meets with Regional Sales Manager on a weekly basis to develop methods and procedures to increase sales, expand markets and business base. Prepares reports of activities and assigned accounts for the Regional Sales Manager on a weekly basis, or as requested.
- Executes sales promotion activities.
- Reviews, updates and follows up on sales calls from the assigned customer list on a weekly basis. Communicates results to the Regional Sales Manager on a weekly basis.
- Develops and maintains product knowledge of merchandise and available sales promotional materials.
- Follows up on assignments or projects assigned by the Regional Sales Manager.
- Attends various special networking events representing the company or company sponsored parties or events.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- May assist the Regional Sales Manager with projects, as needed.
- May provide expertise to Sales Assistants, Account Executives, Senior Account Executives or Outside Sales Representative, as needed.
- Performs other duties, tasks and special projects as required, assigned or directed with or without accommodations.
ENVIRONMENTAL & WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Receives indirect supervision and follows broad departmental guidelines and procedures.
- Resolves or handles customer complaints and notifies Regional Sales Manager and/or executive management immediately when received. Makes suggestions to streamline or change processes to increase productivity and sales volume. Refers very complex items to the next level for resolution.
- Internal contacts are made throughout the organization. External contacts are made with customers.
- Generally utilizes a personal computer with word processing, spreadsheet and database software. Typically operates standard office equipment such as telephone, fax, calculator, photocopier and scanner.
- Working conditions are generally good with little discomfort due to noise, heat and dust. May encounter irate customers, or uncomfortable conditions when assisting customers in the warehouse.
- Ability to work Saturday hours is required.
- Travels within assigned area on a regular basis. Overnight travel is required.
- Extended hours may be required to meet deadlines, handle unusual workloads or to accomplish organizational priorities.
- Work routines frequently require prolonged periods of sitting in one location which may be restricted to the employee’ s workstation. May encounter prolonged periods of walking or standing when assisting customers in the warehouse. May be required to lift and/or carry up to 20 pounds.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Three to five years sales experience in a wholesale environment required. Prior experience working with high profile customers, architects and designers required.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent required. Bachelor’ s degree in business, architecture, interior design or related field preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build relationships with customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Bilingual skills (English and Spanish) are preferred to communicate with customers, vendors and co-workers.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to handle multiple priorities, adjust to sudden changes in workflow, and meet demanding deadlines.
- Excellent negotiation and persuasion skills to sell products and services.
- Ability to utilize a personal computer with word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
- Ability to work Saturday hours as required.
- May be required to attend on- or off-site training sessions to maintain or increase skills and knowledge.
- Valid Florida driver’ s license and transportation is required to visit customers, make presentations, and deliver samples.