3200 NW 77th Court Miami, FL 33122
This is a skilled level Purchasing Agent position in the Purchasing Department. This position is responsible for purchasing and maintaining the inventory levels. This position is also responsible for bringing new materials and colors, and negotiating the best pricing from the suppliers and vendors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Reviews tile and mosaics inventory once per month. Analyzes year-to-date sales, prior year sales, committed quantities and backorders to project the quantities that will be needed for the next quarter. Discusses the list of suggested materials with management to obtain approval.
- Requests proformas from vendors. Reviews quantities and prices; requests explanation from vendors if there is a price increase. Requests samples when needed and confirms they are included on the proforma. Reviews proformas and obtains managements approval.
- Confirms that the vendor and material have been added to the system; adds them if necessary in order to create the purchase order. Reviews quantities, prices and total. Updates PO log and Vendor Price List spreadsheets with new orders. Scans the revised proformas and adds them to the network drive. Sends confirmed proformas to vendors and requests photographs of material when it is available.
- Confirms that a deposit has been made for every special order request. Verifies that vendor and material are added on the system; adds them if necessary in order to create the purchase order; informs salesperson to correct item on the sales order. Reviews quantities, prices and total. Sends confirmed proforma to vendor and requests photographs. Updates Vendor Price List and Special Orders spreadsheets.
- Follows up with vendors in regards to open orders. Works with vendors and with the person in charge of bookings on a daily basis in order to coordinate shipments considering the priorities and budget. Requests photographs for approval. Forwards photographs to Data & Image Department upon approval to have uploaded to network drive. Sends Open Orders Report to vendor to request ship date. Updates PO Log and Special Orders spreadsheets.
- Creates a domestic order for items that can be sourced locally. Verifies price and quantity. Sends proforma or purchase order to vendor. Updates the PO Log spreadsheet. Follows up with vendor to make sure the order arrives on time. Confirms with warehouse that everything is correct when order arrives so that the order can be received in the system and material posted. Updates and revises the Inventory Report for HMK products monthly.
- Analyzes final landed cost for material received. Adjusts price lines according to price increase or reduction.
- Evaluates quality control paperwork from Warehouse. Determines if a claim may be needed. Provides paperwork to the Product Planning and Inventory Manager, if there are possible issues with a material.
- Works with the Regional Sales Manager in getting pricing and availability on special requests from sales personnel. Works with the President on pricing for these special requests to respond to the request from the sales person.
- Participates in meetings, such as the Sales Meeting, vendor meetings, etc. to stay up to date on priorities, pending tasks, negotiating prices, new orders, payment terms, new opportunities, etc.
- Assists Purchasing Manager with status of order, updates to the Sales Team, coordination of bookings, and updates on spreadsheet and follow up on special requests, as needed.
- Participates in annual inventory.
- Follows standard operating procedures for assigned area.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assumes the duties of the Purchasing Manager in their absence.
- Performs other duties, tasks and special projects as required, assigned or directed with or without accommodations.
ENVIRONMENTAL & WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Receives indirect supervision and follows detailed departmental guidelines and procedures.
- Reviews issues regarding receipt of incorrect material, or material with issues and follows up to be sure replacement material or adjustments/credits are received. Makes suggestions regarding new materials or new vendors for tiles and mosaics. Refers complex items to the managerial level for resolution.
- Internal contacts are made throughout the organization. External contacts are made with vendors, brokers and freight forwarders.
- Generally utilizes a personal computer with word processing, spreadsheet and database software. Typically operates standard office equipment such as telephone, fax, calculator, scanner and photocopier
- Working conditions are generally good with little discomfort due to noise, heat and dust.
- Availability to work Saturday hours on a rotating basis.
- Extended hours may be required to meet deadlines, handle unusual workloads or to accomplish organizational priorities.
- Work routines frequently require prolonged periods of sitting in one location which may be restricted to the employee’ s workstation.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Three to five years progressive purchasing experience required.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent required. Bachelor’ s degree in business administration or related field preferred.
- Good Interpersonal skills to interact with vendors, brokers, freight forwarders or co-workers.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Bilingual skills (English and Spanish) are preferred to communicate with customers, vendors and co-workers.
- Organizational skills with ability to handle multiple priorities, adjust to sudden changes in workflow, and meet demanding deadlines. Must be accurate and detailed oriented.
- Good analytical and mathematical skills.
- Ability to utilize a personal computer with word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
- Availability to work Saturday hours as needed.