SOX Manager, Internal Controls
The SOX Manager, Internal Controls is responsible for developing and leading a company-wide & comprehensive financial compliance program, and providing implementation and technical support required to comply with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (SOX). Also, supports execution of the internal audit plan related to financial compliance audits.
Full Relocation assistance, covering all moving costs, is available for this position.
- Primary responsibilities include leading a company-wide and comprehensive financial compliance program and providing the programmatic implementation and technical support required to comply with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (SOX).
- Secondary responsibilities include the planning, performance and oversight of moderate to complex internal audits and consulting engagements of the company' s revenue and other significant financial processes, including partnering on integrated audits.
- In fulfilling these responsibilities this individual:
- Maintains a high level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Directs and evaluates the work of company financial, operational and information technology management and professionals to assess the adequacy and efficiency of financial and operational processes across the organization, ensuring that transactions are accounted for in accordance with established company policies, generally accepted accounting principles and SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission) regulations.
- Acts as the key point of contact to the company' s public accountants on matters related to the SOX compliance program.
- Serves as an expert resource on legislation related to financial SOX compliance and develops, analyzes and implements new financial compliance strategies and process improvements.
- Oversees the documentation systems to ensure sufficient and reliable recordkeeping.
- Manages requests and acts in a consultative role on new process and system implementation projects to support the adequate design of new financial and business process controls and identify areas of potential risk, technical problems and opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of company processes.
- Facilitates a clear understanding of financial compliance matters and a transfer of best practice information and knowledge.
- Bachelor' s degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of experience in a global CPA firm and/or a large, SOX compliant corporation
- Certification as a Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, or other relevant certification.
- Strong technical knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and an ability to apply knowledge to complex financial transactions.
- Demonstrated analytical and critical evaluation skills and innovative problem solving initiative.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer and/or technology related skills.
- Prior experience at a Big 4 public accounting firm.
- Knowledge of IFRS concepts.
- Advanced degree such as an MBA