Senior Accounting Analyst - International Operations
The Senior Accounting Analyst - International Operations will apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by performing the following essential duties for the Latin American operations of one of Miami' s leading corporations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Compile and analyze financial information from Latin American operations to prepare entries to general ledger accounts while documenting business transactions.
- Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and assist in preparing the balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize and interpret the current and projected financial position of the Latin American Division for corporate leadership.
- Make recommendations regarding the accounting of reserves, assets, and expenditures.
- Collect and analyze records of present and past operations, trends and costs, estimated and realized revenues, administrative commitments, and obligations incurred to project future revenues and expenses.
- Perform analysis and inter-department communications around accruals and inquiries.
- Review invoices to determine appropriate asset classification and maintain fixed asset records.
- Identify ways to develop and implement best practices to improve existing processes, accuracy of accrual and reduce errors and inquiries.
- Perform account reconciliations.
- Ensure all financial deadlines are met.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Prepare documentation to assist internal and external auditors.
- Provide support on ad-hoc requests and related special projects, as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor' s degree in Accounting from four-year College or University.
- 3+ years related experience.
- CPA and/or MBA preferred.
- Spanish fluency required.
- Excel experience required