Senior Accounting Analyst
Boca Raton, FL 33431
A prominent corporation in Boca is looking for a Senior Accounting Analyst. This is an excellent opportunity for an accounting professional who wants to diversify into a role with more of a finance/analytical focus. This position has 3 main components; Financial Reporting, Operational Accounting & Budget/Forecasting/Financial Analysis.
- Performs month-end general ledger reconciliations to ensure accurate monthly recognition and reporting of complex accruals and associated expenses. Participates in annual audits and quarterly reviews by providing reporting for areas, including identifying and resolving outstanding issues and drafting reports, prepares and/or review month and quarter-end financial statements to ensure accurate reporting
- Ensures compliance with GAAP by reviewing the work of support staff in area and applying GAAP to own work products
- Work with CFO' s Budgeting & Forecasting team
- Work with Controller' s month-end-close team
- Provides recommendations for process improvements to the reporting process
- Maintains integrity of data in accounts and/or functional areas of responsibility
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Accounting
- CPA preferred
- 3+ years of working in a corporate accounting group in a medium to large corporation or public accounting
- Working knowledge of GAAP principles.
- Experience doing financial reporting and financial statement production for a corporate entity
- Detail oriented, and interested in finance
- Highly proficient with general ledger systems and report writer, database and spreadsheet software